Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Behind the Bag- What's in a Name

Oh, hey! In honor of 4/1 Day coming up (and our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY yesterday), I thought I would share with y'all a little story of how No.41 got it's name.

Back when I was still living in the orphanage and praying over this burden I felt for the girls and for our community, I felt like God gave me a glimpse of all this could be. It was big, and I immediately backed down.  He followed up that glimpse with, For one, Tara. Do it for one.  One was something I could get my mind around and No.41 was born.  For one child. For one meal. For one year.

One has taken on a much greater meaning these days.

One became 32 beautiful girls.

One is 870 meals everyday. For 870 students.
 
One is our Xavera and her sweet family.

One is sweet Louisa

One is Valentine realizing a talent she never knew she had.

 Lucky, XO, and Maureen are the ones.

 One is Vestine in university.

 One is Fanny providing for her little one.

I guess God knew what he was doing. I suppose He always does. We are changing the world for one.
All of them.

**all photos by the ever talented alisonholcomb
For more Behind the Bag stories, click here.
To tell your Behind the Bag story, email tarajill5@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment