Monday, March 5, 2012

Could You Spare a Penny?


"God, how long is a million years to you?" God said, "A million years is like a second." Then the man said, "How much is a million dollars to you?" God said, "A million dollars is like a penny." The man smiled and said, "Could you spare a penny?" God smiled back and said, "Sure, just wait a second."


-The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears by Mark Patterson


 

So, the answer is 'Sure', but the timing is His.


Night after night, day after day, I pray these huge, nasty prayers. Prayers that when I think on too much, or when I think of every little thing that would have to happen between now and done, I get stressed out. But then I remember, it's never depended on me, and on top of that, the answer is already 'yes'. The promise has already been made, the battle has already been won.


"Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers."


I know that He can and believe that He will. In just a second.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment