Thursday, March 22, 2012

Coffee

Oh, heyyyy.
Coffee?
Sure, I'd love to.
Thanks for asking.

If we went to coffee, I would find it hard to talk about anything other than No.41. These little muffin heads are pretty much consuming my house, my life, and my heart right now.


I would tell you that we start school every day at 8. And these girls show up around 7:45 and head straight to a machine. That is HUGE.


I would tell you.... sometimes I'm still in my room getting ready and I grin like an idiot as they all walk in, chatting and I think to myself, "Oh, there's Vestine. And that's Sandrine. Awww, B, she's so cute...."

I would tell you, I have never seen bigger pack rats in my life. At the end of the day, we all clean up and all of the stations are completely empty. It took a while to dawn on me that I didn't know where all of their work went. Oh, it's just hiding under the couch cushions and in random drawers, behind the sofa.... I mean, books, pens, scissors, fabric, bags.... :)


I would tell you that I am so thankful to everyone who has donated and continues to do so. I am paying the girls in faith, even before we have sold a single bag, and He is so faithful.

I would tell you that I made a new pal and wonderful business contact in Kigali and I'm so excited to see what's ahead for No. 41....more than I thought or imagined.

Whoa. And then I would tell you that my new pal in Kigali invited me to a little get-together at her house. We ate fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans! We drank lemonade, played Guitar Hero, watched The Voice. I took a hot shower. I got my hair cut!! Life-changing? Yes.

I would tell you that I go to Kigali every weekend to spend time with Inn. I would tell you that I'm so much weaker than I thought, but I'm getting stronger everyday. And I know I'm being prepared. Tested.

I would tell you.... I've had a facebook status update all set in my mind, for months, that said, "Off to Burundi. The next time I leave Rwanda, it will be to come HOME." And then I would tell you that I don't think that's true anymore...

I would tell you.... it's tough to get a good picture of the house because I have a huge gate really close to the front. But I would say, this photo pretty much covers the outdoor color scheme. Pink. Blue. Purple. Green. Brown. Gold. Bonkers.


I would tell you.... that I really like these coffee dates.

Lata Gata.

No comments:

Post a Comment