Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Behind the Bag- Wynne

Woohoo! I've been waiting for Wednesday and it's finally here. Today you are getting the lovely, Wynne. I couldn't think of a better person to kick off the Behind the Bag series. Miss Wynne has quite the story, herself. She is a photographer, with a huge heart for all things Africa and two sweet Ethiopian babes. Wynne is a natural encourager and she has been a cheerleader for No.41 since the very beginning. Well, I'll just let her tell you the story....

where oh where do I start.
so if you know me, you know I absolutely love to purchase with purpose. 
this idea that you can wear something fabulous that also helps people in the developing world is my fave.
it's the bees knees.
so of course I love my No. 41 bag(s).

photo by: alison holcomb
but my love affair with No. 41 bags goes back, and I just have to tell you the story.it's pretty much a god thing.you see this girl?  the one that has more joy + life in her face than I've ever seen?
yep, that's my girl Alison.  funny story about that.  last year the day after Christmas we hopped a plane to visit for the very first time, Rwanda.  We were on a 12 day mission trip with Visiting Orphans and this was both our first time in the land of a thousand hills.  
to say this girl fell in love would be an understatement considering 4 months after returning from said trip she packed her bags & MOVED there. 



she moved there because God told her to.
and because this girl (yep, I'm talking about you Tara) asked her to room with her. total god thing I tell ya.
ya see, Tara is a dreamer.  
and she was dreaming up something big.
and Alison is a dreamer. 
and they are both DOERS.
so when you put two dreamer/crafty/exceptionally relational and passionate southern girls heads together...
you get No 41.


this picture is just proof that I too was on the trip.  :)
and I too fell in love with the beauty of Rwandas hills + most importantly the people.
and I grew passionate about being a part of something that was giving these older girls who had placed out of the orphanage a HOPE, a FUTURE, a TRADE, a DREAM and a BETTER LIFE. 


so, of course I jumped at the opportunity to be a part.
to help get the word out, to help buy sewing machines, to pray for and encourage my two wild eyed missionary friends who set out to do something pretty incredible.
you see what they are doing.  what god is doing through them, is changing lives.
they aren't only teaching these girls how to sew, but they are teaching them about life.
they are pointing them to jesus.
they are giving them DAILY BREAD.
and when I get to the end of my life I hope I can say the same about what I did with the days I was given on this earth.

{this is my plug for you to GO BUY A BAG!!!}

tara + alison -- I love you both dearly and am in love with the huge task that God has graciously given you.  you have been faithful with little so He has given you much.  press on.  know that the work you are doing, the stories you are telling, they matter!  it's a big world out there - but your corner of it seems pretty cozy. 

Thank you so much, Wynne! We love you right back.
If you have a No.41 story that you would like to tell, we would love to hear it.
Send me an email at tarajill5@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment